Europe tour was like a dream come true. I had fascination of those snow clad Alps since I read about them in Geography text book at school. I fell in love with those Austrian Alps even more after watching Sound of Music. Same was the case with Eiffel tower, Leaning tower of Pisa, Colosseum, The Vatican and much more. Although we see them n number of times on screen, in photos, through books, through memoirs and through every other media; those European wonders always remain in the wish list. And those famous 'I was there' kind of photo shoots are bound to happen.
To cover 7 countries within 14 days seemed impractical for a while. But yeah we can at least get a glimpse of it for sure. And believe me, some European nations are quite small... tiny I should say. Lichtenstein is one of these tiny states. What fascinates me out here is mere size of the county. Of course, one cannot say I've seen the country in such a limited time. But yes, you can get that 'feel' of the nation for sure. These European countries are so much closely existent that you can see the boundaries changing rapidly in front of your eyes...within hours of road travel. The culture, language and the lifestyle change just within 2-3 hours. And I found Advertisement hoardings, sign boards on motor ways, house patterns, restaurant boards, food available on road side Services as perfect medium to depict these changes. They show it so much instantly and perfectly.
In the posts to follow, I'll try and narrate these imprints of my voyage. So stay online to watch this space.
In the posts to follow, I'll try and narrate these imprints of my voyage. So stay online to watch this space.
No comments:
Post a Comment